Beagle obedience training will teach your puppy or beagle rescue dog how to behave in the different situations that they will encounter during their lives. Here are some of the benefits of training your beagle, whether you sign them up for classes or you do it yourself at home.
The Benefits of Beagle Obedience Training
Here are some of the most important benefits of beagle training:
- Good Communication With Your Beagle In A Language Your Beagle Can Understand – You will learn how to communicate with your beagle and your beagle will learn to respond. Remember that dog training is a reciprocal relationship, which means that you are being trained as well.
Many people like to say that beagles are hard to train. When a dog doesn’t respond the way you want, you need to learn to be a better “trainer”.
- Leadership – You will learn how to behave as the alpha leader of your household. Remember this has nothing to do with dominance. Your beagle as a pack animal needs a leader to follow to feel safe and secure. This, in turn, helps to prevent most future behavioural problems.
- Basic Commands – Beagle obedience training will include the basics: sit, stay, heel, speak, and quiet, among others. More tricks and responses can be built upon these foundations.
- Walking On The Leash – A big part of training classes is leash training so that going for a walk with your beagle gets to be a pleasure for both of you.
- No Barking or Biting – Barking and biting are just two of the most common behaviors that can be corrected with training. The important thing of beagle training is that you will learn how to reinforce the behaviors you desire and how to discourage the ones that are not so desirable by teaching your beagle what you want them to do instead.
Beagle obedience training sets the solid foundations for any situations that may occur in your home. If your beagle is a puppy or you have adopted a rescue beagle and they don’t know how to behave, training classes is a very good start.
TIP – A very good habit that you could develop when you are training your beagle: schedule several short sessions per day to practice what you have both learnt in the class or what you are both learning at home.
Beagle obedience training is only the start. You will need consistency and practice. Practice makes perfect, after all! (or more information about training your beagle, check out the resource box below).