This is a very common question. In this particular case we will be answering Peter’s question.
|Question: why is my beagle more interested in playing with other dogs than in the training? Is it because beagles are stubborn and disobedient by nature? Is there anything I can do differently?|
Answer: beagles are very clever animals and they can be trained. A successful trainer believes in their dog.
The answer is a little bit simpler than you might think: beagle math. You might be providing treats and rewards that are low in value in your beagle’s scale. Playing with other dogs might be a higher value than the treats you are offering.
In this video you will see exactly how dog math works as well as other parts of the training process that you might need to check out.
If you have any questions about your beagle’s training, leave them below. If you want more videos and info about beagle training, check out the resource box.
- Beagle Training - 7 Essential Beagle Facts
- Beagle Puppy Training – Frequently Asked Questions
- Beagle Potty Training – 5 Secrets To Successfully Potty Train Your Beagle
- Beagle Problems – 7 Tips to Stop Beagle Digging
- Beagle Clicker Training – To Click or Not To Click?
- Beagle Training – Leash Training Made Easy